Business Leadership Program Overview:
Launching your future with Synchrony’s Business Leadership Program (BLP) is bold, challenging and ambitious. The BLP is a two-year program where our goal is to expose you to our business and provide an immersive experience that accelerates your career. You’ll experience three-rotations within one of 10 functional tracks (Credit & Capital Management, Data Analytics, Enterprise Operations, Finance, HR, Internal Audit, Marketing, Risk Management, Sales & Relationship Management, and Technology). As part of each rotation you’ll complete purposeful, real-world assignments within your functional track, each with a slightly different focus, so that you can experience more parts of our business. But the opportunities don’t stop there–you’ll crank up your energy and ambition to a whole new level with two cross-functional projects, a month-long community service experience, exposure to leadership, training, networking, and more.
Sales & Relationship Management Track Description:
A BLP Sales and Relationship Track member will gain experience sales, risk, client development, relationship management, customer relationship management, business development and/or field sales work specific to the business. The Sales and Relationship Track may include rotations in one or more of the following areas:
- Partner with Sales Leader to provide reporting and analytical support that is critical to executing the sales strategy.
- Provide project support, reporting, training and development, and analytics to support sales goal setting process.
- Support Salesforce effectiveness projects, including salesforce.com initiatives.
- Focus on key initiatives between the client and the business to foster the ongoing growth and profitability of the overall relationship.
- Work across functions to insure consistent messaging within the team and ultimately to the client.
- Focus on contractual and portfolio compliance initiatives.
- Support projects focused on customer retention and growth strategies.
- Partner with platform business development teams to provide support for new deals.
- Assist with Sales presentations to prospective Synchrony clients.
- Manage salesforce initiatives for Business Development teams.
- Create and foster key client relationships by building sustainable sales goals.
- Build influencing, territory management and relationship building skills
- Drive partner engagement
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead projects of varying scope
- Ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Candidates with passion to work in sales roles
- Passion for excellence with high integrity and commitment to quality
- Inquisitive and able to learn quickly
- Relevant internship or co-op or work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of business (Finance, Economics, Business Management, Marketing, etc.) or related major
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Geographic mobility
- Synchrony is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is committed to our ambition of revolutionizing payments and banking. What makes us unique is our long history of providing customized financing and credit programs for leading organizations within retail, health, auto, travel and home. We work with our partners (who operate more than 380,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada) to improve the success of their business, while delivering exceptional service and financing solutions to their consumers.
Our purpose is clear: we pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This starts with our people, who are our greatest asset. We celebrate our diversity and believe the sum of our individual differences is one of our greatest competitive advantages. We are a work family that will support and challenge each other. And this is where you come in. We’re looking for our future leaders who will challenge us to be bold and continue to drive our culture of innovation forward.