Business Leadership Program-Internship Overview:
The BLP-Internship is a 10-12 week paid summer internship that challenges you with meaningful and real work within one of 10 functional tracks (Credit & Capital Management, Data Analytics, Enterprise Operations, Finance, HR, Internal Audit, Marketing, Risk Management, Sales & Relationship Management, and Technology). When you’re here, you’re part of the team and we’ll expect you to help us raise the bar—and clear it. The BLP-Internship begins with an in-person orientation–providing you with a chance to build a strong foundation in our business before diving into your summer assignment. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in our BLP Summer Series, an exclusive program for interns filled with executive career conversations, leadership roundtables, a day of community service, and, of course, a few social outings!
Sales & Relationship Management BLP-Internship:
This internship is for students who are looking to get a jumpstart on a career in sales. Assignments offer an array of projects to gain valuable hands-on experience. The internship will be spent working side by side with sales & relationship management professionals who you will shadow and apply your learnings to your own projects. Internships in the Sales Track could include the following:
- Partner with Sales Leader to provide reporting and analytical support that is critical to executing the Sales strategy.
- Provide project support, reporting, training and development, and analytics to support sales goal setting process.
- Support Salesforce effectiveness projects, including salesforce.com initiatives
- Focus on key initiatives between the client and the business to foster the ongoing growth and profitability of the overall relationship.
- Work across functions to insure consistent messaging within the team and ultimately to the client.
- Focus on contractual and portfolio compliance initiatives
- Support projects focused on customer retention and growth strategies
- Partner with platform business development teams to provide support for new deals
- Assist with Sales presentations to prospective Synchrony Financial clients
- Manage salesforce.com initiatives for Business Development teams
- Create and foster key client relationships by building sustainable sales goals.
- Build influencing, territory management and relationship building skills
- Drive partner engagement
Exposure to these real business cases will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting edge dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Good presentation, speaking, organizational, problem solving skills, and the capability to meet deadlines
- Candidates with passion to work in Sales roles
- Passion for excellence with high integrity, and commitment to quality
- Relevant internship experience or demonstrated interest in sales
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed your sophomore or junior year pursuing Bachelors in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Marketing or related major
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Available for a minimum of 10-12 consecutive weeks
- Must be able to work minimum of 40 hour week
- Geographic mobility
- Synchrony is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is committed to our ambition of revolutionizing payments and banking. What makes us unique is our long history of providing customized financing and credit programs for leading organizations within retail, health, auto, travel and home. We work with our partners (who operate more than 380,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada) to improve the success of their business, while delivering exceptional service and financing solutions to their consumers.
Our purpose is clear: we pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This starts with our people, who are our greatest asset. We celebrate our diversity and believe the sum of our individual differences is one of our greatest competitive advantages. We are a work family that will support and challenge each other. And this is where you come in. We’re looking for our future leaders who will challenge us to be bold and continue to drive our culture of innovation forward.