Business Leadership Program-Internship Overview:
The BLP-Internship is a 10-12 week paid summer internship that challenges you with meaningful and real work within one of 10 functional tracks (Credit & Capital Management, Data Analytics, Enterprise Operations, Finance, HR, Internal Audit, Marketing, Risk Management, Sales & Relationship Management, and Technology). When you’re here, you’re part of the team and we’ll expect you to help us raise the bar—and clear it. The BLP-Internship begins with an in-person orientation–providing you with a chance to build a strong foundation in our business before diving into your summer assignment. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in our BLP Summer Series, an exclusive program for interns filled with executive career conversations, leadership roundtables, a day of community service, and, of course, a few social outings!
Data Analytics BLP-Internship:
This internship is for students who are looking to get a critical jump start on a career in Data Analytics. In the Data Analytics track at Synchrony, you’ll identify and deliver strategic insights and present those to stakeholders and clients. You will work with large and complex datasets to:
- Develop strategies to drive sales performance and loyalty programs with our retail partners
- Support retail growth by advising on new store locations based on performance of current locations
- Assess the performance of risk initiatives and track the health of our client portfolios
- Give a voice to the customer experience by analyzing public sentiment
These assignments offer an array of ground breaking opportunities to gain valuable hands-on experience. The internship will be spent working side by side with experts in data analytics where you will apply your theoretical knowledge to complete challenging technical projects. Exposure to these real-life technical projects will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting edge global environment.
- Ability to work in teams effectively
- Proven ability using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership ability inside and outside of the classroom
- Strong project management, communication ability, ability to work independently, and relationship management skills are keys to success; the ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders is a priority
- Knowledge of statistical analysis concepts such as linear and logistic regression, segmentation, clustering, time series analysis, and A/B testing
- Hands-on experience with data analysis tool such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, Spark
- Experience in working with large volumes of data from multiple data sources
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, bringing independent thought leadership and value-added insights and judgment
- Ability to synthesize diverse information, to develop and recommend strategies
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Good presentation, speaking, organizational, problem solving skills, and the capability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and multiple initiatives
- Think strategically and manage ability to identify business opportunities
- Relevant experience and demonstrated interest in Data Analytics
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed your sophomore or junior year pursuing Bachelors in Economics, Finance, Business, STEM fields, Engineering or relevant major
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Available for a minimum of 10 to 12 consecutive weeks
- Must be able to work minimum of 40-hour week
- Geographic mobility
- Synchrony is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is committed to our ambition of revolutionizing payments and banking. What makes us unique is our long history of providing customized financing and credit programs for leading organizations within retail, health, auto, travel and home. We work with our partners (who operate more than 380,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada) to improve the success of their business, while delivering exceptional service and financing solutions to their consumers.
Our purpose is clear: we pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This starts with our people, who are our greatest asset. We celebrate our diversity and believe the sum of our individual differences is one of our greatest competitive advantages. We are a work family that will support and challenge each other. And this is where you come in. We’re looking for our future leaders who will challenge us to be bold and continue to drive our culture of innovation forward.