Business Leadership Program Overview:
Launching your future with Synchrony’s Business Leadership Program (BLP) is bold, challenging and ambitious. The BLP is a two-year program where our goal is to expose you to our business and provide an immersive experience that accelerates your career. You’ll experience three-rotations within one of 10 functional tracks (Credit & Capital Management, Data Analytics, Enterprise Operations, Finance, HR, Internal Audit, Marketing, Risk Management, Sales & Relationship Management, and Technology). As part of each rotation you’ll complete purposeful, real-world assignments within your functional track, each with a slightly different focus, so that you can experience more parts of our business. But the opportunities don’t stop there–you’ll crank up your energy and ambition to a whole new level with two cross-functional projects, a month-long community service experience, exposure to leadership, training, networking, and more.
Credit and Capital Management Track Description:
Credit & Capital Management is a gatekeeper to Synchrony. We perform mission-critical work, deciding who is accepted for loans, how much credit we should extend to them and for how long. A Credit and Capital Management Career Track member will:
- Learn the process of fairly and responsibly extending credit – including underwriting and managing loan portfolios, and mitigating fraud
- Help clients achieve the right balance of growth and loss mitigation
- Use credit analytics to develop and implement strategies that drive business decisions
- Understand the impact of credit performance on the Profit & Loss Statement
- Maintain relationships with Credit Bureaus and scoring vendors
This comprehensive program consists of on-the-job experience gained through multiple rotations that provide an opportunity to work in real-life, real-time business environments. The program provides successful graduates with the strong foundation of skills they need to grow their credit careers and position themselves for future leadership roles.
- Finance or accounting knowledge/experience
- Analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex information, process-oriented
- Critical reasoning, problem-solving ability, creative thinking
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic, passion for excellence with high integrity, and commitment to quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Software: SAS, Python, Machine Learning
- Modeling skills plus experience with financial statements P&L statements (cash flow a plus)
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead projects of varying scope
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Relevant internship co-op or work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics finance/financial engineering, credit risk management, business, banking or relevant major
- Academic excellence with financial, quantitative and analytical competency
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Geographic mobility
- Synchrony is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is committed to our ambition of revolutionizing payments and banking. What makes us unique is our long history of providing customized financing and credit programs for leading organizations within retail, health, auto, travel and home. We work with our partners (who operate more than 380,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada) to improve the success of their business, while delivering exceptional service and financing solutions to their consumers.
Our purpose is clear: we pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This starts with our people, who are our greatest asset. We celebrate our diversity and believe the sum of our individual differences is one of our greatest competitive advantages. We are a work family that will support and challenge each other. And this is where you come in. We’re looking for our future leaders who will challenge us to be bold and continue to drive our culture of innovation forward.